Pages

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

The Long-Awaited Next Post

It's been a long time since my last post now (nearly 8 months), and, to be perfectly honest, I don't really remember my last post, the one with the gajillion pictures (I feel almost certain that it was not me, but rather my girlfriend, who put it up). But I'm back. And I do hate the fact that I never finished my Oscar predictions. Having seen a lot of the nominated films now, I can say the following: -Yay Slumdog Millionaire! -Heath Ledger totally deserved his posthemous Oscar, though a tie with Robert Downey, Jr. would've been cool too. -Yay: Kate Winslet finally won an Oscar! Boo: It was for her dreadful role in the abysmal The Reader. In my opinion, she should have won back in 2004, when she was nominated for Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind, but whatever.... -I'm really glad I got Clint Eastwood wrong in the Best Actor predictions in exchange for Richard Jenkins. Bummed that I was only three for five in Director and Picture, though. -I haven't seen Doubt (yet, its next in my Netflix queue though), but so far the Supporting Actress nominations I've seen have been....disappointing. Neither Penelope Cruz, nor Taraji P. Henson, nor Marisa Tomei really amazed me. They were good, just not great. -Foreign Language Film voters got it wrong. Again. -10 Best Picture nominees next year? I say great, as long as you pick 10 quality movies and not just commercial crap to boost ratings. That's about all I have for now. Until next time.

No comments: