Pages

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Oh Happy Day

So today has pretty much been one of the happiest days of my life. The Oscar nominations were finally announced, I learned in my Global Cinema class that my professor's sister is friends with one of Lou Reed's dominatrices, and the campus dining hall brought back M&M cookies thanks to my protests (little victories, friends, little victories). And to top it all off....
...the greatest show in the history of television (yeah, I said it) returns for its final season. I'm so excited!
Anyway, just a few updates. My Oscar obsession is really going to take over for the next month, so expect near-daily posts about the nominees and various thoughts I come up with as the ceremony gets closer. The week before the ceremony, I'll be posting my predicted winners, as well as who I think should win (though how much of the nominees I actually see is in question). I should also be hitting the theatres and my Netflix queue, so expect some reviews; I may even start reviewing the films I watch for Global Cinema, so look out for that. On one last note, I will be live-blogging the Oscars this year, so be sure to check back here during the ceremony!

No comments: