Pages

Friday, July 23, 2010

Uhhhhh......

I don't really have much to say today. Tomorrow I'll put up my next entry in the Oscars of the Aughts series, and maybe a few more things if I can. Until then, here's a few links you might enjoy.
My friend Allison over at Nerdvampire has put up the second episode of her collaborative podcast Some Cast It Hot. It's good stuff. Check it out.
The Wrap has an interesting article about the technical aspects that work against 3D. Hopefully this new 3D fad will end soon, just as the last few did. I don't need a gimmick to anticipate a film, just good old-fashioned movie-making.
The A.V. Club has a great discussion about doomed fictional couples. Personally, I think the idea applies to just about every romantic comedy of the last 20 or 30 years, particularly the ones starring Kate Hudson, Sandra Bullock or Katherine Heigl.
New York Magazine's Vulture gives this list of the most copied formulas in Hollywood. Because we expect nothing short of originality from Hollywood, right?
NY Daily News reports from this year's San Diego Comic-Con that Saw 3D will be the last in the Saw franchise. A profitable franchise (horror, to boot) that is promising no future installments? I'll let Kristen Bell say it for me:

No comments: