Pages

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

My Ang Lee Oscar Dream

Ever have one of those really strange dreams that seem to come out of nowhere? Last night I dreamed that it was Oscar night, and Ang Lee was taking home his second Best Director Oscar....for something called Divergent, which, as my dream presented it, was some sort of Dragonball knockoff that was critically reviled. Even he seemed surprised to win for this, as he said at the podium, "I made Life of Pi. Why am I not winning for that?"

Ang Lee winning his actual second Oscar, not in my dreams

I don't know, guys. Maybe it was because I was watching Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon last night (by the way - Oscars of the Aughts will be back in July, with a look at the year 2000) and re-watched Argo yesterday afternoon, so these most recent Academy Awards have been on my mind recently. Either way, it was bizarre.

No comments: