Pages

Saturday, December 28, 2013

December 2013 Oscar Predictions

Ah, the holidays. If I had been a better planner, I would have had my December predictions posted shortly after the Golden Globe nominations were announced. Instead, it's almost January 2014 and I still haven't done them. Given everything else that I'm working on both here and at my day job, I've scribbled down my new predictions, without commentary, on a piece of paper, which you can see below (an earlier, slightly different version was posted on Facebook/Twitter last week). Let's discuss them in the comments, shall we?


2 comments:

Shane Slater said...

Hmm...interesting predictions.

I'm surprised you have Dallas Buyers Club is the very competitive Original Screenplay but not in the 10 for Best Picture.

Jason H. said...

I have a better feeling about Dallas Buyers Club for a screenplay nod than I do for Best Picture. In all honesty, it's probably because I can't imagine Saving Mr. Banks being considered one of the best screenplays of the year. But the longer I stared at Dallas Buyers Club in Best Picture in an earlier draft, it just seemed…out of place.

I've never been more stumped by predictions than I have been this year. There's so much competition in virtually every category.